2018 CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
It's time for porn to change, and for that we need women. I don’t want to get women out of porn. I want to get women into porn. We need women in porn. Behind the camera.
Do you want to make an XConfessions short film? I am looking for female film directors from anywhere in the world - to inspire and arouse and contribute to my mission to change porn. And I’ll fund you!
I believe in having women behind the camera in all key positions, and the importance of the female gaze in a male dominated porn industry. I have produced and directed over 100 shorts, and have more than 100,000 members on my site XConfessions, where anonymous members of the public submit their fantasies and experiences; out of which I and my Guest Directors choose the best every month to interpret into award winning films.
I am offering my support and funding ($$$!) for you to make a smart short film with explicit sex. You will need to source your own cast and crew, locations, write your script. You will have creative control, but we will be your support: especially in terms of legal aspects, documentation, information about working in adult cinema and finding appropriate performers. I want to start a global community of female filmmakers. I want to confront mainstream porn and make female gaze erotica relevant, not the exception. I want a new kind of adult cinema to spread across the world and I am looking for women to help me.
What you need to have
- Proven experience in filmmaking (Do you have a reel?)
- A desire to represent female sexuality outside of mainstream clichés
- The time and dedication to make a short film
- A script/treatment/moodboard of your idea
- A budget (6,000€ to 15.000€ per film, depending on the script)
- Understanding of my ethics and my films
How to apply
When you click the "apply now" button below you will be re-directed to an email. Please send us a PDF dossier of all your materials (not too much please!) including:
- Script/treatment and moodboard for a film no longer than 15 mins
- A profile on yourself and your experiences in film + CV
- A short explanation of your vision and why you want to be involved in the project.
There is no deadline to submit.
I look forward to working with you!