Last week, after launching The Lust Ed video series, I asked my followers on Instagram what sexual practices they would like to learn more about. A majority of answers referred to different forms of anal play, so I decided to dedicate this week’s sex guide to something butt-related.
While butt plugs have managed to manifest themselves as a must have for every toy lovers sexy collection, I feel anal beads are still somewhat of an underdog of the anal play world, even though they have a completely different purpose than plugs. Nevertheless, anal beads are a good purchase for anal sex beginners. They come in many different shapes, sizes and materials and are the perfect toy to start your journey of discovering the world of anal sex. Adding anal beads to your sexual repertoire can be a lot of fun and when used properly the additional stimulation they provide can intensify your orgasms significantly! If you’re ready to experiment, scroll down for everything you need to know about anal beads.
Like any sex toy that is going to enter through the backdoor, I would recommend that you take it easy at first. There are some sets of beads that are specifically designed for beginners to ease into. When you go bead shopping for the first time, you should know that there are different kinds to choose from. If you are a beginner, it’s probably more pleasant to start with a slight gradual increase set of beads to give yourself the opportunity to get used to the toy and the feeling. Also make sure that you choose a more flexible set. The flexibility will allow you to reach and stimulate different areas inside you until you find what feels good for you.
Take a look at the pictures below:
Another thing to keep in mind is to choose a pair with a handle to make removing the beads as easy as possible. You don’t want to ruin the experience because you’re worried about not being able to get the beads out when you’re done. Also make sure that you buy high quality material. Some cheap ones are mixed with nylon or cotton strings rather than being purely made of rubber or silicone – you don’t want to put that into your body.
1. If you are a first timer it might be a good idea to try your new toy by yourself before you do it with a partner. This way you can get comfortable and test your limits so you can later communicate them to somebody else. It will also give you the chance to inspect the toy thoroughly before using it for the first time. If you find any flaws or if something seems suspicious to you, return your anal beads to the manufacturer and get a new set. Better safe than sorry.
2. Use specific anal and toy friendly lubricant and use a lot of it! The anus does not produce natural lubrification like a vagina. If you’re using a silicone toy, do not use silicone based lube as it can damage your toy. Everything water-based is your new best friend!
3. Make sure you are already excited before you start. The more relaxed and turned on you are the more pleasant the experience will be for you. Remember there are muscles back there and in order to enjoy insertion, you have to be able to relax them. If you’re having issues relaxing, try using a vibrator or simply using your fingers to stimulate your genitals to make sure you stay excited during the process.
4. Go nice and slow – don’t rush it! Beads are supposed to be inserted one at a time.
5. Here comes the most important piece of information: the best part about using anal beads is the removal. Remove them just before you climax or during your orgasm. You can also pull them out and pop them back in as often as you like. The movement will stimulate the nerve endings of your sphincter which creates a very pleasurable sensation.
This depends on the material of your set, so always check the instructions first. If your beads are made of silicone, a regular water-based toy cleaner or even simply soap and hot water will do. It’s important that you wash the beads right after you’re done to avoid spreading bacteria.
If you want some more tips on how to make the anal experience both pleasurable and safe, I have just the right collection for you! Check out our Anal Sex – Sex Education Collection!
I know that many people struggle to speak openly about their sexual desires with their partner so I created this app to help those who might feel shy voicing their fantasies. Or maybe you feel totally comfortable speaking about your fantasies, but you’re ready to discover some new kinks that you might not have thought about yet. The XConfessions App can be used for those couples who want to discover some new kinks and spice things up in their sex life.
Read what the media says about it:
A game-changer for exploring sexual fantasies (Elite Daily)
XConfessions app helps couples talk about their fantasies (Bustle)
Erika Lust’s new app is making it easier to talk about kinks and fantasies (Dazed)